“Tower Get Your GROOVE Back” Beautification Seminar Delights Captive Audience
Hosted by Tower Grove Neighborhoods Community Development Corporation, and presented by Tower Grove South’s very own Hannah Reinhart, the “Tower get your GROOVE back” beautification seminar highlighted the importance of landscaping to support the ecosystem and to beautify our neighborhoods. Hannah also discussed the importance and opportunities to build relationships/strengthen community through community gardening.
Hannah has extensive vegetable and ornamental growing experience rooted in farm, community and backyard garden settings. She volunteers to lead the Tower Grove South community garden group, formerly located at Mann Elementary and currently working to secure a new garden site for the 2015 season. One of her day-job duties in her position as Garden Program Director at Gateway Greening is to coordinate the annual Great Perennial Divide, a free plant distribution event available to Gateway Greening member gardens.
Attached is the presentation for your review. Download Here . Please contact us with any questions.
Hannah donated hundreds of packets of different varieties of seeds. They are available for FREE at our office . Please stop by and pick some up!
Below are valuable links to related sites.
● Tower Grove Park: http://www.towergrovepark.org/
● City of St. Louis Forestry Division Street Tree Information:
● Forest ReLeaf Project Communitree:
● Missouri Botanical Garden PlantFinder:
● Grow Native: http://grownative.org/
● Missouri Department of Conservation’s Native Plants for Your Landscape:
● St. Louis Audobon Society Bring Conservation Home:
● Plants for Native Bees in North America:
● St. Louis Zoo DIY Conservation on Beneficial Pollinators:
● St. Louis Zoo Center for Pollinator Conservation:
● Monarch Watch: http://www.monarchwatch.org/index.html
● The St. Louis Butterfly Project–Milkweeds for Monarchs:
● Brightside St. Louis: http://www.brightsidestl.org/
● Brightside Neighbors Naturescaping:
● Gateway Greening services: http://www.gatewaygreening.org/tools/services/
● Shaw Nature Reserve:
● Shaw Wildflower Market:
● St. Louis City Compost and Mulch Bin locations: http://goo.gl/maps/B8Zic
● Gateway Greening new/expanding garden resources:
● Gateway Greening map of gardens:
● Sustainable in St. Louis: https://www.facebook.com/Sustainable.In.Saint.Louis
● Community Gardening Toolkit: http://extension.missouri.edu/p/mp906
● Gardener’s Welcome Packet:
● South Grand Medians: Hosting major fall cleanup work day Saturday, Oct. 25,
2014. Contact: Joe Blumberg at 435-0747 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign
up to volunteer
This activity is funded by a HUD Community Development Block Grant via the Saint Louis Development Administration.